LOOK WHAT I FOUND AT GOODWILL
omg please watch this
I was not disappointed
An appropriate response
“You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”
and this is what the western news doesn’t show. Educated and Covered Muslim women are unimaginable for them.
I don’t think enough people understand that this is a reference to the fact that semen glows under UV light
and that Dateline was a show used to trap pedophiles and other sex offenders and arrest them
If Supernatural outright said HALF the things they blatantly imply via reference, they’d be banned from CABLE.
There are a LOT of really great scenes in How to Train Your Dragon 2 but this is the one that had the most impact on me and FOR GOOD REASON:
- It’s such a sweet and genuine song first of all.
- It’s sung, at first, by this HUGE masculine viking who spent the better part of the first movie being super cold and distant, leaving his emotions at bay. Now he’s allowing himself to open up and express his feelings and that’s totally okay woah!!
- Along with that his movements around Valka are slow and gentle, allowing her to either reciprocate or walk away. He never grabs her or tries to shove her right back into their relationship. He’s aware of how much time has passed, of her guilt, so homie’s playin it cool.
- But yeah, ultimately SHE’S the one who agrees to the dance and picks up the pace and it’s SO GOOD to see both figures treating each other with so much love and respect.
- Even better is that both parties are ADULTS, the mom and dad figures of the film series. Adults get written out or ignored so often in children’s movies, either by being dead throughout the entirety of the series OR by only showing up at key moments. Both Valka and Stoic are essential to the film, as is their relationship and Valka’s reason for leaving.
- Did I mention how sweet and genuine the song is? Damn near every romance song in a kid’s film is built up to some schmalty love anthem but HTTYD2 takes a quieter, more human approach.
This isn’t even touching on the little details Dreamworks’ adds to their facial expressions and their movements and gosh everything here works so wonderfully please watch How to Train Your Dragon 2
This is one of my absolute favorite scenes, for everything listed above and more. Hiccup is just amazed and awed to see his parents together. This is probably a side of his father he’s rarely seen. I love it.
The fact that the main romance of the film was between Stoic and Valka was just the highlight for me— I was so stoked that they chose to go that route instead of making Hiccup/Astrid the focus (Instead we got some really cute interactions that cemented that they’re a couple without being like HEY AUDIENCE, THEY’RE A COUPLE, REMEMBER??? and being hit over the head with unnecessary scenes or interactions).
Basically HTTYD2 was a perfect example on how to do a romance in a film.
|—||Sylvia Plath (via teenager90s)|
I will never understand why stripping is seen as degrading.
Like…the job description is literally “I am so hot that you could never get me in real life so you’re going to have to pay me to dance for you.”